Kids love to have pizzas, anytime and every time. But often people think that having pizzas from the pizza corners can be unhealthy. If you also think the same, then you can surprise your kids every time by preparing unique types of pizzas. Even if you are not savvy in making the pizza dough by yourself, then you can also purchase it premade from the neighborhood pizza store. In this article, you will find some great ideas that can convert your simple looking pizza into a unique one as per the preference of your kids. So, have these Burlington pizza recipes and get set go!
Black bean nacho pizza
You can start infusing your pizza with some different flavor by adding green onions, black beans, roasted red peppers and tomatoes on the top of the dough before adding on cheese. In case your kid loves nachos, then it will be his/her favorite pizza style.
Macaroni and cheese pizza
In this Burlington pizza style, you can combine two types of comfort foods in one platter. To do this, you can start out with the creamy cheese-drenched pasta and then can use this to top the pre-cooked crust of the pizza. Therefore, you need to meld both the flavors together with the final trip to the oven.
Buffalo chicken pizza
Does your kid like football? Then he will definitely love this pizza style. This pizza mainly packs the flavor of spicy vinegar of the wing sauce in every slice along with diced pieces of chicken along with the bleu cheese crumbles in with the mozzarella.
You must be aware of pizza as the main course dish. But do you know you can even convert it into a dessert? Just replace the red sauce with the Neutral chocolate spread. Besides, come up with a twist by changing the toppings as well. Well, you can opt for chopped snicker bars or crushed Oreos, smoked almonds, marshmallows, chocolate chips etc. All of these things will be enough to prepare a decadent dessert, which will be fancy enough to serve.
Mini deep dish pizza
Be a little creative while preparing pizza for your kids. Here, you need to use a muffin tin instead of a pizza pan to hold the dough. Then cut the pre-made dough apart into small pieces, roll those out and press the dough into each circle. After that, fill the pies with the preferred ingredients and bake.
To learn more about this topic, click here.
Sundial Beach and Golf Resort
- This resort has a children’s waterslide and five swimming pools for guests to choose from. Other children’s activities are full and half day programs that include indoor and outdoor play, as well as an aquatic ecological center for kids to visit. The resort’s “Feeding Frenzy” program allows kids and parents to feed hermit crabs, turtles, fish and other marine life. Amenities include a fitness center, on-site dining, 12 tennis courts and access to world-class golfing at The Dunes Championship Golf Course. Rates start at $129 per night.
Sundial Beach Resort
1451 Middle Gulf Drive
Sanibel Island, Florida 33957
Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort and Spa
- Children enjoy waterslide fun at this family-centered resort, which offers five swimming pools, drive-in movies with popcorn, ping pong, billiards and shuffleboard. Outdoor water activities also include kayaking and fishing. Located on an 85 acre peninsula within close proximity to Sanibel Island, this resort also features a Kids Klub on the weekends which includes activities like kite flying, water balloon tossing and scavenger hunts. Rates start at $127 per night.
Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort and Spa
17260 Harbour Pointe Drive
Fort Myers, Florida 33908
Casa Ybel Resort
- This resort occupies 23 acres of private beach on Sanibel Island. The Olympic-size pool features a waterslide for guest enjoyment. Other features include a kiddy pool, water sidebar, spa, on-site restaurant and six tennis courts. Kid programs are three hours long and include crafts, painting, story time and water-themed activities. Rates start at $209 per night in conjunction with multiple night stays.
Casa Ybel Resort
2255 West Gulf Drive
Sanibel Island, Florida 33957
Grandstay Residential Suites
- Grandstay Residential Suites offer weekly and monthly rates. However, prices vary by location. You can locate Grandstay Residential Suites in California, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin and South Dakota. Business and family suites come with equipped kitchens, high-speed Internet access and complimentary breakfast. Floor plans include studios and one-bedroom or two-bedroom accommodations. Facilities on-site include laundry room, pantry, picnic area and putting greens.
2211 East Gonzales Road
Oxnard, CA 93036
1606 South Kellogg Avenue
Ames, IA 50010
Grandstay St. Cloud
213 Sixth Avenue South
St. Cloud, MN 56301
Grandstay Rapid City
660 Disk Drive
Rapid City, SD 57701
Grandstay Eau Claire
5310 Prill Road
Eau Claire, WI 54701
- Sun Suites offers nightly, weekly and monthly rates across the country. You can locate a Sun Suites in Georgia, Florida and Texas. Rates vary at each location but tend to be higher in the East Coast. Majority locations are along the highways. Sun Suites offers four different floor plans. All suites come with a complete kitchen, private bathroom and small dining tables and lounge chairs. In addition, the chain offers free wireless Internet access. Most locations are within walking distance from a restaurant.
Sun Suites Kennesaw Atlanta
3174 Barrett Lakes Boulevard
Kennesaw, GA 30144
Sun Suites of Jacksonville
8555 Baymeadows Way
Jacksonville, FL 32257
Sun Suites of Plano
200 Ruisseau Drive
Plano, TX 75023
Extended Stay Hotels
- Extended Stay Hotels operates five branded properties that offer nightly, weekly and monthly rates. Properties include Extended Stay Deluxe, Extended Stay America, Homestead Studio Suites, Crossland Economy Suites and Studio Plus Deluxe Studios. Suites come with fully equipped kitchens, pillow-top mattresses, dining tables and chairs. Some suites have a separate living area from the bedroom. You have access to an on-site laundry center and Internet services, sometimes for a small fee. Depending on the location, the property has a swimming pool and fitness center.
Extended Stay Hotels
130 Mobile Drive
Spartanburg, SC 29303
- Toronto’s Delta Chelsea is in the heart of the city’s downtown core, just a short walk to many shops, restaurants and attractions. The full-service hotel features an adults-only health facility on the top floor of the 27-story property. Families will want to spend time at the Delta’s Family Fun Zone, which includes a teen lounge, kid’s activity center and massive pool and splash zone. The highlight of the property is the 135-foot corkscrew water slide. Rooms in the hotel are spacious and are equipped with pillow-top beds, paid Wi-Fi, luxurious linens and coffee maker. Special Family Fun Suites are also available, each sporting a separate kid play-and-sleep room, kid bathrobes, bunk-beds, kitchenette and plenty of toys and activities.
33 Gerrard Street West
Toronto, Ontario M5G 1Z4
Travelodge Ottawa Hotel
- Located just off Highway 416 in the west end of the city, Travelodge Ottawa Hotel offers plenty of child-friendly features. The recently renovated hotel features a full-service restaurant, gift shop, outdoor Zen garden and popular lounge. The hotel also features the city’s largest indoor water park, including wave pool, splash zone, hot tub and 150-foot water slide. Rooms feature a fridge, free high-speed Internet and complimentary newspaper.
Travelodge Ottawa Hotel
1376 Carling Ave.
Ottawa, Ontario K1Z 7L5
Great Wolf Lodge
- Located a short drive from the falls, Great Wolf Lodge is a family-themed resort with plenty of activities to keep everyone busy and entertained. The main attraction is Fort Mackenzie, a four-story indoor water park with a 1,000-gallon soaker bucket, a full range of water slides, wave pool, vortex and suspension bridge. Girls can enjoy a few hours at Scoops Kid Spa while the boys hit the arcade. Many of the hotel suites are decorated in kid-friendly wilderness chic, with bunk beds, caves and tents adding to the fun. Bedtime stories are accompanied with cookies and milk, and Club Cub let’s parents take some personal time while the youngsters are entertained.
Great Wolf Lodge
3950 Victoria Ave.
Niagara Falls, Ontario L2E 7M8
The New Sanno
- Situated in the heart of bustling downtown Tokyo, The New Sanno Hotel provides accommodations for U.S. military personnel in Japan. Guests of The New Sanno must present valid photo identification that verifies their military status, and must be at least 20 years old. As of October 2010, guest room rates ranged from $50 to $68 per night for a single room, depending on military status, and $88 to $100 for a suite.
The New Sanno
APO AP 96337-5003
- Within Japan’s Osaka is the Comfort Hotel Sakai. The hotel’s 119 guest rooms offer military and government personnel discounted room rates. Located just minutes from Kansai International Airport, the hotel offers military guests access and convenience during their stay. Amenities include complimentary breakfast, free Internet, meeting space, guest laundry and wake-up service. As of October 2010, goverment military rates for a single room were $72 per night.
Choice Hotel Sakai
Sakai, Japan, 590-0972
(81) 72 233 7111
Marriott Hotels & Resorts
- The Marriott brand of hotels offers government and military discounts to service men and women across the globe. Hotel rates provide discounted per diem rates. Within Japan’s Okinawa, the Okinawa Marriott Resort & Spa features 309 guest rooms and 52 suites for military personnel traveling or stationed in Okinawa. On-site restaurants, high speed Internet access, a fitness center and indoor pool are just some of the amenities offered to guests of the resort. As of October 2010, military discounted rates began at $192 per night.
Okinawa Marriott Resort & Spa
1490-1 Kise Nago-shi
Nago City Okinawa, 905-0026 Japan
81 980 511000
When you are thinking about travelling it implies a lot of preparation. And the ace thing which the travelers worry about most of the time is the finances. It is especially applicable when you are planning a trip to a city like London. Indeed there have been reports of the city being listed to be one of the most expensive tourist destinations. So what should be done? Now this does not imply that you totally throw away your dream of visiting the city. It only means to travel smartly. Of course luxury has never meant happiness. And if you feel happy about travelling to London the financial problems should not cease to fulfilling your dream. So there are some real smart and money saving way to see this city. Thus first and foremost be happy that you are going to fulfill your dream of seeing this beautiful place.
The city of London is the epitome of historical significance, buzzing energy and artistic endeavor. It will be a worthy experience to visit the city. The following are the tips which are bound to save your money when travelling to London:-
- Travel sites- there are a number of travel sites which can provide you with the best deals even at the peak season. So make sure to browse for the travel sites. However make sure to take care about the reviews of such sites.
- Hotels- there are a good number of hotels in the city of London. However you can save money on hotels in london with the help of the real good deals available on the hotel websites. Make sure to book a hotel with complimentary breakfast. A heavy breakfast will be the best start for a day. It will at the same time save money. You can also try for a hotel which has a kitchen and mini fridge attached. This will definitely be a saving of money.
- Tube savvy- The Tube will help you to save considerable amount of the money with the help of the pass. So go for this option and enjoy the ride.
Extended Stay America
- National chain Extended Stay America has more than 20 long-term-stay hotels in Georgia — one each in Macon and Savannah, two in Columbus and 20 in and around Atlanta. Each hotel room is a suite with a fully equipped kitchen and full-size refrigerator; other amenities include an on-site laundry room, free Wi-Fi, unlimited local phone use and personalized voice mail, and flat-screen TVs with premium channels. All Extended Stay hotels are company owned and operated so there’s less variation than one might find at a franchised hotel chain. Pet-friendly accommodations are available. As of December 2014, guests at Extended Stay America get 17 percent off the daily rate for a stay of up to two weeks and a discount of 31 percent daily if they rent by the month.
- InTown Suites, a smaller upstart with 130 locations around the country, operates 22 hotels in the state, with 15 of them in the Atlanta metropolitan area and the others in Albany, Athens, Duluth, Macon, Savannah, Valdosta and Warner Robbins. InTown’s long-term-stay hotels offer full kitchens, full-size refrigerators, dinette tables and chairs, free premium TV channels, free high-speed Internet access and on-site laundry rooms. InTown has suites with up to two bedrooms. No pets are allowed. InTown Suites weekly rental rates typically are lower than Extended Stay America’s.
- Marriott may be considered a luxury hotel operator known for high-end resorts under the J.W. Marriott brand, but several of its more affordable marquees offer extended-stay accommodations throughout Georgia. According to the Marriott website, the company maintains 27 properties under the Residence Inn and TownePlace Suites names in the Peach State that offer discounted weekly rates. The lowest prices for studio suites as of December 2014 was about $450 a week at the TownePlace Suites in Alpharetta, which is about what a single night costs at a J.W. Marriott resort hotel. Rooms in the center of Atlanta and other urban areas often are significantly more expensive.
- Value Place is a national chain of long-term-stay hotels launched in 2003 by Jack DeBoer who, according to the chain’s website, “is known in the industry as the founder of extended stay lodging.” The chain currently has nearly 200 locations in 30 states, including Georgia, where it has eight properties offering suites available on a weekly basis for the mid-$200s. Value Place hotels are located in Alpharetta, Augusta, Columbus, Macon and Savannah.
- Determine the main details of your cruise and you’ll still have another decision to make: whether you want to extend your cruise vacation and, if so, for how many days. Also, if you decide to extend your cruise vacation, decide if your hotel stay will be pre-cruise or post-cruise.
- Keep in mind that the earlier you book your reservations, the better chance you’ll have to extend your cruise vacation with a hotel stay. Hotel accommodations are limited.
- Call your travel agent or the cruise line directly and book your cruise reservations. At the same time, inquire about the hotel packages that they offer. If you don’t have a travel agent, AAA (www.aaa.com) is a noted authority on travel, no matter where you live.
- Find out what activities are available in the port cities. What can you see there? And what will you do?
- Compare the packages that the travel agent or cruise line offers and decide which one would be best for you. Then make the necessary arrangements to extend your cruise with a hotel stay.
- Study your family’s income and budget. Find areas where you can cut back on such as extra clothing purchases, dining out, or haircuts.
- Save each dime, penny, nickel, or quarters that you get. Purchase or find a big glass jar where all of the family’s change can go. Drop all of your change into the jar each time you have it. Every penny will add up.
- Have your children chip in by doing chores or other small jobs around the neighborhood such as mowing lawns, raking leaves, shoveling snow, walking dogs, and babysitting. If the children can help, they will feel like they are part of the project as well.
- Clip all the coupons and shop at all of the sales that you can find. Try coupon matching at your local retail store that offers it too. Try to save money on all grocery purchases. Create a weekly dinner menu and purchase only the items needed to prepare meals without buying a bunch of extra food and snacks.
- Look through vacation booklets and brochures. Study the places that you and your family would like to go. Plan for low cost hotel stays, eating out, and family activites and try visiting areas that have national parks where it is low costing or free to attend. Stay at hotels that offer continental breakfasts. Plan your family’s vacation onto paper and determine the exact costs of everything so your family will know how much is needed to be saved.
Great Wolf Lodge
- The Great Wolf Lodge, located in Grapevine just north of DFW Airport, is an indoor water park and resort for the whole family. It has activities for toddler-aged children all the way up to adults. For example, there is evening story time for the toddlers, enclosed water slides for the young children, live-action adventure games for the teens and jumbo whirlpools for the adults. The water park itself has a million gallons of water across nine slides, six pools, a water fort and a lazy river. The resort also has a large outdoor water park. In addition to the range of activities on the property, the suites themselves follow the Great Wolf Lodge theme. For example, there is a KidCabin suite that gives the kids a log cabin within the family suite. Within the log cabin is a bunk bed, day bed and TV.
Great Wolf Lodge
100 Great Wolf Drive
Grapevine, TX 76051
- Hotel ZaZa is near Dallas’ West End Historic District and the Dallas Arts District. One thing that makes the hotel unique is the 17 concept suites, which are each decorated to fit a specific theme. Not all of the concept suites may be suitable for kids, but several of them are. For example, the Shag-a-delic suite features funky decor such as wall-to-wall pink shag carpet, a circular bed and lava lamps. The Texas suite features a Texas theme with leather and cowhide.
2332 Leonard St.
?Dallas, TX 75201
The Stockyards Hotel
- The Stockyards Hotel is located in the middle of the National Historic Stockyards District in Forth Worth, which is just west of Dallas. The hotel first opened in 1907 and still exhibits the ambiance of the Old West. The rooms themselves have different themes. The Western Room has natural, rough-hewn furniture, wooden shutters, skulls decorating the walls and lamps made from spurs and horseshoes. The Native American room displays Native American accessories such as decorated lampshades and paintings. To contribute to the western atmosphere, the stockyards historic district itself offers many activities, including rodeos and horseback riding.
The Stockyards Hotel?
109 E. Exchange Ave.?
Fort Worth, TX 76164
?(800) 423-8471 ?
South Seas Island Resort
- South Seas Island Resort is located on Captiva Island. The hotel offers a supervised kid’s club as well as resort activities, such as golf, scuba, and swimming. It has a spa, fitness center and numerous shops. Boats and bikes can be rented on site. The resort offers a H2Whoa! pool complex and a teen program. In the yacht harbor marina, guests can rent boats or sign up for cruises. Packages are available for families.
South Seas Island Resort
5400 Plantation Road
Captiva Island, Florida 33924
The Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club
- The Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club, is an all-inclusive beach front hotel and golf resort in Naples, Florida. The resort features more than 300 guest rooms, an on-site championship golf course, a tennis center, a luxurious day spa, swimming pool, fitness center and four restaurants. There are also a complimentary kid’s club and numerous retail shops on property. The resort is also equipped to host weddings, conventions and corporate meetings.
The Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club
851 Gulf Shore Blvd. North
Naples, Florida 34102
Sundial Beach & Golf Resort
- Sundial Beach & Golf Resort on Sanibel Island offers all-suite accommodations with full kitchens and all-inclusive packages for families. The resort has an Explorer Kid’s Club Eco Camp for children ages four to 11. It also features a 450 gallon touch tank in its Environmental Coastal Observatory Center, an endangered species exhibit and a petting zoo for hermit crabs. There are many recreational options, including a video game room, along with outdoor activities, such as golf, shelling, swimming, scuba and tennis. The resort has five heated swimming pools and Sanibel Island’s only PGA rated golf course.
Sundial Beach & Golf Resort
1451 Middle Gulf Drive
Sanibel Island, Florida 33957
- The Plaza Hotel offers two- and three-bedroom suites with absolute luxury. Decorations in the Plaza, Royal Plaza and Royal Terrace Suites are in Louis XV-style ambiance. All suites have either partial or full views of Central Park. Twice-a-day housekeeping and white-glove butler service are only two of their amenities. The Royal Plaza suite boasts original artwork from Christie’s and a fully stocked library. Your suite will have a full kitchen and butler pantry, where you can have your own private chef, or one provided by the hotel, cook for you and your guests. Nightly rates at the Plaza begin at $1,200.
The Plaza Hotel
Fifth Avenue at Central Park South
New York, NY 10019
Tribeca Grand Hotel
- The Tribeca Grand Hotel in New York City also offers two- and three-bedroom suites. Amenities include complimentary Internet access, complimentary bathrobes and spa toiletries by Malin and Goetz. In your suite, there is also a DVD player and LCD flat-screen television. IPods and pet goldfish are available upon request. Suite rates begin at about $350.
Tribeca Grand Hotel
2 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10013
- The Hotel Beacon offers two-bedroom suites. Each suite has two bathrooms decorated in marble, a separate living room, and an additional pullout bed. This can accommodate up to six people. The suite also has a kitchenette. You receive Gilchrist & Soames spa toiletries, complimentary Wi-Fi, and newspaper service. Rates begin at $295 per night.
New York, NY 10023
Embassy Suites New York
- Embassy Suites New York is another hotel offering two- and three- bedroom suites. This is an ideal hotel for an extended stay. Within each suite are all the amenities you need, such as irons, ironing boards, hair dryer and a kitchenette. You suite will also come with designer linens, bolster pillow, Bath and Body Works toiletries and an ergonomic desk chair so you can work in comfort. The hotel also provides complimentary hot cooked breakfast. Rates begin at $259.
Embassy Suites New York
102 North End Avenue
New York, New York 10282
Hard Rock Hotel
- The Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando Resort is a veritable village all its own within the Universal complex. The inclusive resort is home to the legendary Palm restaurant, as well as other restaurants, nightclubs and boutiques. The grounds feature a palm-lined swimming pool with music piped in underwater. The resort also features a Hard Rock Cafe and Hard Rock Live music stage. Accommodations range from single rooms to lavish suites.
Hard Rock Hotel
5800 Universal Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32819
- The Royal Plaza Orlando is situated inside the Disney World Resort. Staying inside the resort includes amenities such as preferred tee times at any of the resort’s four golf courses, priority seating at shows and restaurants inside the parks, and complimentary shuttle rides to the Downtown Disney area as well as all four theme parks. The Royal Plaza has 394 rooms, including tower rooms, poolside rooms and specialty suites.
1905 Hotel Plaza Blvd.
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
- The Nick Hotel is part of the all-inclusive Nickelodeon Suites Resort and Waterpark. The resort is a dream come true for kids with activities and amenities the whole family will enjoy. Favorite Nickelodeon characters such as Sponge Bob and Dora the Explorer walk around the resort to greet the kids and get pictures taken. In 2007, the waterpark was named one of the top 10 waterpark resorts in the country by Waterpark Resorts Today. The resort also features a mall with restaurants, a lounge and an arcade. Suites are designed with Nickelodeon characters as themes.
Nickelodeon Suites Resort
14500 Continental Gateway
Orlando, FL 32821
- The Caribe in Orlando is home to the Caribe Royale Hotel and Buena Vista Suites. Both of these hotels are composed of all suites and sit on the same grounds, creating The Caribe complex. The two hotels together offer nearly 1,500 suites, 12 two-bedroom villas and more than a dozen restaurants, bars and lounges. The complex has two pools, tennis and basketball courts, a gym and a spa.
8101 World Center Dr.
Orlando, FL 32821
- The Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa offers expansive views and first-class amenities while providing kid-friendly accommodations. The world-class resort has three pools and a variety of recreation activities including Kids Krew and Kids Night Out, programs specifically designed for children ages 5 to 12. Making arts and crafts, playing games and attending themed parties provide a stimulating experience for the kids. The Activities Desk at the hotel can also provide assistance for setting up child care. It was rated the most kid-friendly hotel in Destin by the UpTake hotel website.
Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa
4000 Sandestin Blvd., South
Destin, FL 32550
- The Embassy Suites Destin — Miramar Beach offers upscale suites in a luxurious setting just a block away from the Gulf of Mexico beaches. Children’s activities are available at the hotel, which also offers a pool and easy access to Big Kahuna’s Water Park, Morgan Sports Complex and a number of shops, restaurants and theaters. Options for families with older children include a variety of golf courses and deep-sea fishing. Each suite is composed of two rooms including two TVs, a refrigerator, microwave and wet bar along with Internet access.
Embassy Suites Destin — Miramar Beach
570 Scenic Gulf Dr.
Destin, FL 32550
- The Holiday Inn on the Beach Destin is a full-service Gulf front hotel, located near the center of the Emerald Coast, offering beach-going options for the family. It has a Little Buccaneers Activity Program to keep the kids busy and offers rooming options specifically designed for children that still allow for adult supervision. The hotel has 233 newly renovated rooms that offer Internet access, TVs and electronic safes in each room.
Holiday Inn on the Beach Destin
1020 Highway 98 East
Destin, FL 32541
- Family rooms in hotels usually consist of similar utilities that any hotel room will include. For example, there will be a TV with cable service, full-size bathroom, tea and coffee making facilities and a hairdryer.
Family Room Facilities
- A family room will also have two queen-size beds and a pull-out cot or sofa bed to accommodate young children. Some hotels offer family suites with a separate bedroom. Baby cots are also available at many hotels. Pets are usually accommodated too if families wish to bring the dog on vacation.
- Some family-oriented hotel rooms will also have kitchenette and dining areas where meals can be prepared for the family. A microwave oven and a regular cooker may also be provided as well as a refrigerator and sink. Some hotels may offer some games for children, such as jigsaw puzzles or coloring books, but this is not common.
- The Crowne Plaza Omaha offers a variety of entertainment options for families. For families with children, the hotel offers a large, indoor pool in an atrium area. In addition to a TV with cable, each room offers free wireless Internet access, a CD player. In-room video games are also available. The hotel is located in midtown Omaha, near Interstate 80 and provides easy access to the Westroads Shopping Center, with plenty of kid-friendly restaurants and activities nearby.
655 N. 108th Ave.
Omaha, NE 68154
Holiday Inn-Omaha Airport
- The Holiday Inn-Omaha Airport has plenty of amenities for families visiting the city. The hotel, which opened in 2009 features a 10,000 square foot water park that includes a 160-gallon dump bucket, a pool with basketball goal and a three-story slide. Access to the water park is included in the price of a booking, and is open only to those staying in the hotel.
The Holiday Inn-Omaha Airport is located near downtown Omaha, and sits just a short drive from the Durham Western Heritage Museum and Omaha Children’s Museum. For parents, the hotel includes a fitness room and the Union Sports Bar and Grill, which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Holiday Inn-Omaha Airport
1420 Cuming St.
Omaha, NE 68102
Comfort Inn at the Zoo
- Located near the Henry Doorly Zoo, the Comfort Inn at the Zoo features a large, heated indoor pool for children to play in after a long day at the zoo. In addition, the hotel also boasts an arcade area. Rooms offer free high-speed Internet and suites come with free bags of popcorn. Comfort Inn at the Zoo is also located near the Durham Western Heritage Museum, Johnny Rosenblatt Stadium and Heartland of America Park. The hotel also offers a complimentary breakfast each morning.
Comfort Inn at the Zoo
2920 S. 13th Court
Omaha, NE, 68108
- Though many travelers assume that all extended stay properties are the same, they can in fact vary considerably. Online search engines will show results for all the major chains specializing in stays lasting more than a week, as will using popular online booking sites. Extended Stay America (extendedstayhotels.com) is one of the most well-known chains, with a presence in most major cities and prices in the mid-range category. Those with more expansive budgets can explore options for long term lodging at properties such as the Residence Inn or Townplace Suites, both Marriott properties (marriott.com). For the truly budget-conscious traveler, Studio 6 (staystudio6.com) and Budget Suites (budgetsuites.com) offer some of the lowest rates available.
- Decide whether your priority is cost savings or extra amenities available when staying in a property for an extended amount of time. One of the most important considerations when away from home can be the accessibility of food preparation areas. Many extended stay hotels have full kitchens equipped with refrigerators, ovens, microwaves and dishwashers, as well as utensils and basic cooking supplies. Some provide free breakfast, while others have the convenience of nearby restaurants. Think about whether you need a business center, free wireless Internet, living and work spaces, parking or a swimming pool. All of these things should factor into a decision about where to stay and what you are willing to pay for these assets. Check websites on which travelers post reviews to weigh factors such as cleanliness, convenience and the service provided by the staff.
- The location of any extended stay hotel you choose can add considerably to the enjoyment of the time you spend in a city. Ask ahead of time whether they are located in areas with excessive freeway noise or construction projects. If traveling for business, find out how far they are from major commercial areas and what kind of traffic to expect during commute times. Particularly if traveling with young children, research crime rates in the neighborhood, and look for proximity to parks and grocery stores.
- Rates can vary widely with extended stay hotels, but most offer discounted rates for stays lasting more than seven days. Monthly rates are also common for these types of properties. Always check for lower rates available when booking directly from property websites, then call and ask if there are any additional discounts that can be offered. Find out whether things you need are included, such as Internet, parking, maid service and laundry facilities. Ask if the state you will be traveling to waives sales taxes if you are staying longer than 30 days.
Free Parking Packages
- The Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome is in the French Quarter and offers free parking for up to eight days when you book a room. To take advantage of the Cruisin and Park package, you’ll need to present your cruise documents when you check in. In the same neighborhood, you’ll find the Wyndham New Orleans French Quarter, a mile from the Port of New Orleans. Their cruise package includes parking for up to seven days in an indoor garage. A bit outside of the city is the Ramada Metaire, with a cruise package that includes free parking for up to 14 days and a complimentary shuttle ride to the cruise terminal.
Discounted Parking Packages
- Several New Orleans hotels offer discounted parking for cruise passengers. These hotels include the Hampton Inn, the Hilton New Orleans Riverside, the Maison Dupuy Hotel, the Downtown Marriott, the Westin New Orleans Canal Place and Springhill Suites New Orleans Downtown. Some hotels will offer a discounted parking price per day or will provide you with a flat rate to park for the duration of your cruise.
Gamble, Park and Cruise
- Two vacations in one are possible when you spend a night in a hotel that’s close to Harrah’s Casino in New Orleans. The Ambassador Hotel offers a parking package when you present your cruise documents and it’s right next door to the casino. The Royal St. Charles Hotel is only two blocks from the casino, and there are parking and shuttle packages available to guests who are cruise passengers.
Location, Location, Location
- The New Orleans Downtown Marriott Convention Center is close enough that you could walk to your cruise ship. You can get a deep parking discount while you’re a guest of the hotel and for five additional days while you’re on your cruise. The Hampton Inn & Suites Convention Center is also in the neighborhood of the port, and their cruise parking package includes free shuttle service to your ship.
- Visit the websites of the hotels you would like to stay at and sign up for their email alerts if your trip is fairly far off. Most major hotels and hotel chains send emails advertising promotional codes for deals on stays that might be weeks to months in the future.
- Find online “coupons” for all hotels in the area on popular travel sites such as Hotels.com. These sites not only will compare rates for all the hotels near your destination, but there also are site pages specifically dedicated to special deals/coupons.
- For those not picky about their destination, sites such as Travelzoo.com are helpful. These types of sites compile the best travel deals on the Internet, from hotels to flights to travel packages. You also can sign up for Travelzoo emails so you won’t miss any hotel coupons that come through the site.
- Check online coupon sites such as CouponCraze.com and RetailMeNot.com. Enter the name of the hotel(s) you would like to stay at in the search field. The search should return several coupon codes you can enter when reserving your room online. Most of these types of sites also will offer ratings and other information on each coupon code (often, these types of codes expire, so it might be too late to use them).
- Do an online search for hotels in your destination city to check for these types of sites. If your vacation destination is a large city, there might be sites aimed specifically at hotel coupon codes/discounts in that city. EarlyVegas.com is an example of this.
- Direct your browser to google.com/cse. Click the “Create a Custom Search Engine” button.
- Give your unique search engine a name, such as “Travel Search Engine.” Write a brief description of the search engine if desired, and select the language the search engine will use.
- Define the search by adding the websites you wish to search. If your travel search engine is going to be used primarily to find flight and hotel information, include sites such as Hotels.com, Orbitz.com and Expedia.com. If your search engine will be used to find adventure travel opportunities, include sites such as iexplore.com and adventure.travel. Add the desired website URL addresses to the “Sites to Search” box, pushing the “Enter” key after each address. Click the check box to agree to Google’s Terms of Service, and click “Next.”
- Choose how you want your search results to be displayed. Google gives you six customizable styles to choose from. After you have chosen your style, try your new search engine by using the Custom Search Bar at the bottom of the page. The results will be displayed on the same page. If you are satisfied with the results, click “Next.” If you want to make changes to the search engine, click on the “Back to step 1” link.
- Capture the code to use on your own website or blog by copying and pasting the code Google provides in the Custom Search element box. If you do not wish to post the search engine on your own website, you can use the search engine via Google by clicking on “My Search Engines” on the My Account page. This link can be copied and shared so others can use the search engine.
- Direct your browser to au.alpha.yahoo.com. Alpha has default information sources, the websites it is searching, preloaded onto the form. These are customizable as well. If there are sources that you do not wish to use in the Info Sources box, simply uncheck them and they will not be displayed in your search results.
- Click and drag Alpha’s modules to rearrange the way your search results will be displayed. The modules are displayed in the right column of the page.
- Customize the websites Alpha will search by clicking on the “Add Custom Info Source” tab. Name the module and add the URL to the website you want added to the search criteria, then click “Next.” Alpha will display a sample search engine return and give you the choice of adding the source or changing it. When you are satisfied, click “Yes, add this new source.” Your source will be displayed in the right column of the Layout page. Each source must be individually entered.
- Capture the RSS feed code by clicking on the “Create site search” link in the right column of the Layout page. Choose the style of search box you want to see displayed, copy the code and paste it into your website or other page that accepts RSS feeds.
- Direct your browser to bing.com/siteowner. Click on the “Get started” button below the Advance Search Box paragraph.
- Add the websites you want your custom search to use. Type in a display name for the search engine and the first URL to be included. Click the “Add more sites” button to add multiple websites to the search criteria. When you have added all the websites, click “Next.”
- Customize the search box by choosing the language, color and size of the search box to be created. Preview your search box, then click “Next.”
- Copy the code generated by Bing into your website or blog.
- If you have little or no experience as a travel agent, partner with a host travel agency when starting your home-based business. Generally, only experienced agents with solid client lists and plenty of industry knowledge start home-based agencies without affiliating with a host agency. Forming a partnership with a large travel agency is the simplest and fastest way to start your virtual travel agency and get access to travel agent discounts.
- Pay the host agency a start up fee. Host agencies typically charge a start up fee (usually a few hundred dollars) and collect a cut of your commissions on any travel sales you make. Some host agencies focus on home-based travel agents who want to make a career in the industry. These agencies charge lower start up fees but may require more experience or set minimum sales goals. Other host agencies (known in the industry as “card mills”) specialize in serving those who are more interested in travel discounts than a full-time career as a travel agent. These agencies charge higher up-front costs
- Use the tools your host agency gives you to set up your travel agency. Host agencies provide training, access to booking systems and general support. Most host agencies will also set up a Web site for your home-based travel agency. These tools are useful even if you don’t plan to do much business as a travel agent.
- Obtain travel agent accreditation through your host agency. Industry groups, such as the International Airlines Travel Agent Network and the Cruise Lines Industry Association, offer accreditation to travel agents. Full-time travel agents use accreditation to make deals with suppliers and bolster their credibility with clients. Accreditation also gives agents access to travel discounts. Ordinarily, to qualify for these certifications, you need several years of experience as a travel agent. If you are affiliated with a host agency, however, you can obtain professional accreditation without experience.
- Sell travel! Some suppliers do not look kindly on “card mills” and part-time travel agents who are more interested in travel discounts than in selling travel. Be aware that your credentials may be questioned if you use professional accreditation to obtain travel discounts for which you may not technically qualify. To ensure that you are not denied travel discounts, devote some time to selling travel products such as cruises and tour packages.
Many hotels advertise rooms with Jacuzzi tubs. Be careful as the word Jacuzzi has come to mean generic hot tubs in the common lexicon. All hot tubs are not Jacuzzis. Jacuzzi is a dedicated brand and trade name for a specific type of jetted tub. If you are looking for a hotel with a Jacuzzi, first get a list of the hotels claiming rooms with Jacuzzis, and then phone them to verify the tubs are actually Jacuzzi tubs and not generic hot tubs.
- If you need to be on the beach, the slopes or somewhere in between ASAP head straight for the internet and have a look at the best last minute travel and vacation website.
This is where you will find the best travel deals for airline tickets and hotel packages to get away today, this weekend or later this month! us.lastminute.com
- If your idea of last minute is more like next month check out
If you are looking for a last minute travel deal and you are not set on any particular destination go to http://www.shermanstravel.com/top25/
“Shermans travel” offers very impressive cheap trip and vacation packages, including last minute cruise deals and useful travel information.
- Travel smart! If you are not sure if you should plan a trip in advance or wait until the last minute to purchase airline tickets and hotel rooms check out
When you submit your search request, farecast.com will predict if the price of a flight will go up, down or stay the same. Buy now or buy later? Low fares made easy.
- Check out websites that offer discounted Myrtle Beach vacation packages such as Expedia.com and Orbitz.com. If you find a package that looks enticing, copy the information into a word processing document or print out the information. This may take some time but it is worth if you want to save money. Be sure that you save the website address where the package can be found in the beginning of the document.
- Start a file on your computer and Label it “Myrtle Beach Vacation Packages.” This file will contain all the different vacation packages that you find and save into documents. If you would rather print all the information out then you can simply use a paper folder and store all the information in the pockets. Some people find it is easier to compare vacation packages when they are printed out rather than simply on the computer.
- Look for Myrtle Beach vacation packages in the off season when prices on hotels get lower. The off season for Myrtle Beach ranges from the fall to the beginning of spring. You may also find that you can find cheaper rates in later spring, after spring break but before school has let out for the summer. Although the weather may be a bit colder you will find that rates are much cheaper and the beach is less crowded. This may not appeal to everyone, but it is a great way to save money.
- Consult a travel agent or discount travel agency like AAA to see if they have any cheap Myrtle Beach vacation packages. Sometime you may find that these places offer certain specials to certain areas that are cheaper than the vacation packages that you find online. Always ask about any fees or service charges that you may incur if you book with them.
- Be flexible in where you want to stay in Myrtle Beach. If you want to stay right on the beach you will most likely have to pay more for a hotel than if you stay somewhere that is not right on the beach or is on a quieter strip in the area. You can save hundreds of dollars on your vacation package by simply choosing a hotel or condo that is ½ mile from the beach rather than on the beach.
- Compare all your Myrtle Beach vacation packages that you have collected. Once you have done your research and decided on when and where you will stay, take all your information that you collected in your Myrtle Beach folder and compare the packages. Toss any of the options that don’t fit your criteria and then look at the price, what is included, and any special bonuses that you get in the package. Pick the Myrtle Beach vacation that is the cheapest and best deal for you.
Arrange an All-Inclusive Vacation During Mardi Gras
- Find an all-inclusive package that provides hotel accommodations away from the heart of Mardi Gras. Travel planners push Bourbon Street hotels to drive up package prices for extended stays. You should look for trips that allow you to stay on nearby Rampart or Decatur streets.
- Search for cheap vacation packages to Mardi Gras that entail at least one layover. There are plenty of direct flights into New Orleans International Airport, but the heavy traffic into the city increases airfare substantially. Book a vacation where you can use the Dallas or Atlanta airport as a layover spot to save money for your Mardi Gras experience.
- Locate a Mardi Gras vacation that includes discounted or free transportation. Most vacation packages to New Orleans only include hotel and airfare costs, leaving transportation within the city to you. There are specialty companies that hire shuttle or taxi service to maximize your enjoyment.
- Review tours and shows available through a vacation package as you book your Mardi Gras trip. Some companies work with city tour guides, museums and other companies to provide you with insight into the history of New Orleans while you enjoy the festivities.
- Enjoy food and drinks as part of your all-inclusive Mardi Gras package. One of the benefits of these trips is that the package fee covers a certain amount of meals or drinks at your hotel. Determine the upward monetary limit for these benefits before you book your trip.
- Research available Mardi Gras vacations for family-friendly options. The celebration of Mardi Gras is largely family-friendly outside of Bourbon Street. You can find packages appropriate for children by looking for hotels outside the central area of the festivities There you can enjoy smaller parades, childrens’ shows and other entertainment.
- Check the employment posting on the AAA website. The AAA employment website is designed to automatically tailor itself to the region of the country you are from. Expand the search region to search for jobs across the country. The AAA job search website can be targeted to focus on travel jobs, which should illuminate potential Hotel Inspector positions.
- Tailor your resume to a travel job. Because AAA is a national organization with a variety of positions and needs, their job board does not fully encompass the organization’s need. As such AAA accepts resumes year-round. Experiences that could be particularly valuable are evaluative positions, hotel work and jobs that involved travel.
- Accept a related position. Since there are only 65 AAA hotel inspectors for the entire country, the odds of achieving the position without previous experience is unlikely. Search for alternate positions that involve travel to demonstrate your stamina for the road.
- Write hotel reviews. Proving that you have the analytical mind and observational ability to write and think about hotels can be just the edge you might need to move to the a hotel inspector position within the company. Even if isn’t related to your job duties there are a number of websites that encourage user reviews of hotels.
Chicago is everyone’s town on New Years Eve. There are NYE parties all over Chicago and hotel packages that will ensure your celebration does not require a bail bondsman. If you are a sophisticated single or couple, Chicago has your A ticket. Chicago hotels provide the venue and party specialists organize the events. Hotels provide discounts for guests attending parties at their venue.
The Drake Hotel 140 E. Walton Place Chicago, IL 60611 312-787-2200 thedrakehotel.com
Hard Rock Hotel 230 N. Michigan Ave. Chicago, Illinois 60601 312-345-1000 hardrockhotelchicago.com
Wyndham Chicago 633 N. St. Clair Chicago, IL 60611 312-573-0300 wyndham.com
Plant yourself in front of the computer
- It begins with the Internet – at least in this day and age (sorry travel agents). Sites such as Expedia, Orbitz and Travelocity offer simple options for booking flights to multiple cities. They also offer many options for hotel accommodations, as well as discounts on all of the above. You may want to just book your travel on these sites or just your hotel(s) — it’s up to you.
- Plan your flights. If you are flying to Europe, it is usually cheapest to fly to a city such as London and then take a cheap flight on Ryan Air or similar type low-cost air carrier for inter-continent flights. For example, a flight from London to Prague and back costs the US equivalent of $120 even in the late summer. Ryan Air is also currently offering a few free flights on certain legs — as of this writing. Check the site for details. You can also book your main carrier such as British Airways to fly all the legs in many cases, but you are likely to pay more.
- Book Your Hotels. Google search under “Bed and Breakfasts” or “cheap hotels” and you might find some better options than what an Orbitz has to offer (but not necessarily). It depends on what you are after. Hotels, also, are more negotiable with their rates than are airlines. You can haggle with hotel desk clerks if you know what you are doing — it’s always worth a try. This is obviously a much more ambitious plan in high season when the hoteliers aren’t fighting for business. And in popular cities, many times they don’t have to worry about booking up. But if you are flying to the outskirts of Ireland in the dead of winter, you probably have a good chance of finding something very affordable.
- Call the hotels regarding their policies. If you don’t have $250 to spare on each of your credit cards, you could be in for a nightmarish surprise when Hotel A places a hold on your charge card; then when you leave for destination B two days later, Hotel B also places a hold on your card, and so forth. It can add up. A simple call in advance to clarify exactly what they need in terms of a deposit is a good way to flesh out your budget. Whatever you do, plan on buying your little luxuries off site — those hotel mini bars are a very bad idea, except for the wealthy!
- Double check your flight information before you head to the airport. These are dicey times for the airlines. For anyone who was trapped when American had to cancel its flights this spring, it was a reminder that nothing can be taken for granted when it comes to air travel. Have a contingency plan. Airlines will, of course, try to accommodate you – but that doesn’t mean you have a day to spare sitting in an airport lobby waiting to get rebooked! If you can possibly take a bus or train in the event of a flight cancellation, it’s not a bad option — This is obviously not possible if you are crossing the Pacific for that first Hawaiian vacay, though. So hang loose. The airlines do want to accommodate you. American was very good about refunding its passengers’ money or rescheduling flights, as will other airlines should it ever happen to you.
Courtyard Savannah Midtown
- Courtyard Savannah Midtown affords a AAA discount for rooms with either two queen beds or one king. As of 2010, the discounted AAA rate was as low as $93 per night. The hotel has 132 standard guest rooms available and 12 suites, all of them nonsmoking. Business facilities consist of two meeting rooms that span over 1,200 feet, as well as copy, fax and overnight delivery services. Other hotel features include an outdoor swimming pool, jacuzzi and fitness center with cardiovascular equipment and free weights.
Courtyard Savannah Midtown
6703 Abercorn St.
Savannah, GA 31405
Hilton Savannah DeSoto
- The Hilton Savannah DeSoto offers a AAA discount on rooms with two double beds or one king. As of 2010, discounted rates begin at $170. The hotel is located in Savannah’s historic district and has almost 250 guest rooms available, three of them one-bedroom suites. Amenities at the Hilton Savannah DeSoto include an outdoor heated swimming pool, fitness center and cocktail lounge. A concierge desk and luggage storage are among the other services offered. Wireless internet access is available throughout the hotel.
Hilton Savannah DeSoto
15 East Liberty St.
Savannah, GA 31401
Best Western Savannah Gateway
- The Best Western Savannah Gateway hotel affords AAA members a discount on rooms with either one king bed or two doubles. Discounted rates begin at $55 as of 2010. The hotel is near downtown Savannah and less than one mile from a major golf course. Available amenities include an outdoor swimming pool, meeting facilities and a 24-hour front desk. The hotels is two stories high and has 122 guest rooms. Children under the age of 17 stay for free with at least one paying adult.
Best Western Savannah Gateway
1 Gateway Blvd. East
Savannah, GA 31419
Virginia Suites Arlington
- Virgina Arlington Suites is four miles from downtown Washington, D.C. and has easy access to Georgetown just one mile away. Washington attractions are all within a ten-mile radius of the hotel. The hotel is smoke-free and offers fully equipped kitchens, an on-site fitness center, outdoor pool with sauna, grocery delivery service and room service. Amenities include complimentary high-speed Internet, large work desk, cable TV, and convertible sofa. Rates start at $129.00 per night as of March, 2010. Pets cost a one-time $150.00 fee.
Virginia Arlington Suites
1500Arlington Blvd Arlington, VA 22209
Extended Stay America, Herndon
- Extended Stay America Hotel is located in Herndon, Virginia, just minutes from Dulles International Airport, and is 20 miles west of Washington, D.C. All rooms have full kitchens, dining and cooking utensils, a desk, free local phone calls, voice mail, iron, and on-site laundry. Wireless Internet is available for a one-time fee of $4.99. Rates start at $89.99 per day as of March, 2010. Pets are welcome for a charge of $25.00 per night with a maximum of $150.00.
Extended Stay America, Washington D.C.- Herndon is located
1021 Elden St.
Herndon, VA 20171
Homestead Washington D.C.
- Homestead Washington D.C. is two miles from Dulles International airport and 25 miles from downtown Washington. Rooms have kitchens with a refrigerator, microwave and stove top. Dining and cooking utensils are provided. The room has a desk, cable TV and voice mail. Internet is $4.99 per week. At Homestead you also have a coin-operated laundry and fitness club access. Homestead is close to the offices of Northrup Grumman, Net2000, NEC and American Online. Rates start at $69.99 per day for a seven night stay. Pets cost a one-time fee of $150.00.
Homestead Studio Suites
Washington D.C. Dulles Airport-Sterling
45350 Catalina Ct.
Sterling, VA 20166
Romantic Spa Weekend
- Couples seeking a romantic getaway can enjoy the weekend spa package at Niagara’s Americana Resort. The package includes a two-night stay at the hotel, where guests can enjoy free passes to the hotel’s indoor water park and two complimentary one-hour treatments at its spa boutique. The package comes with a $25 dinner voucher and two $12.50 breakfast vouchers for Jack Tanner’s Grillhouse. Two-night package prices start at $399 per couple, as of 2010, and all rooms come with coffeemaker, microwave and Internet access.
8444 Lundy’s Lane
Niagara Falls, Ontario L2H 1H4
Great Gorge Adventure Weekend Package
- The Best Western Cairn Croft is a four-star hotel conveniently located near major Niagara Falls attractions. Hotel amenities include a nightclub, restaurant, indoor pool and spa tub. Starting at $269 as of 2010, the Great Gorge Adventure package allows families to make full use of all hotel amenities. This includes a two-night stay with full breakfast both mornings and a $50 dinner voucher for the restaurant. The package also includes complimentary Great Gorge passes, which allow full tours of the falls on the famous Maid of the Mist and priority access to the Journey Behind the Falls, White Water Walk and Niagara Fury.
The Best Western Cairn Croft
6400 Lundy’s Lane
Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 1T6
Family Fun Weekend Package
- The Sheraton Fallsview Hotel has 407 guestrooms overlooking Niagara Falls. A popular destination with tourists, it has won the AAA four-diamond award for 17 consecutive years. Starting at $489 for a two-night stay, as of 2010, the Family Fun Weekend Package offers value for families. It includes full breakfast both mornings and a $40 voucher toward dinner at the hotel’s Milestones Grill and Bar. There are tickets to Greg Frewin’s award-winning magic show, four Skywheel tickets to enjoy a bird’s eye view of the Canadian falls, and tickets for a heated gondola to see the American falls. The package also includes two casino and shuttle attraction passes along with two adult tickets to the Bodies exhibition.
Sheraton Fallsview hotel
6755 Fallsview Blvd.
Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 3W7
- Visit Hilton’s website to find out what promotions or discounts they are offering directly. Search their section under specials and packages to see if any of the packages like the fall getaway or free breakfasts fit your needs.
- Enroll in Hilton’s HHonors reward program because members receive certain offers that are not available to others. Sign up to receive emails that contain special offers. Check your rewards account or email regularly to keep aware of deals that will help you plan in advance.
- Book early. With all hotels there’s a discounted rate for advance bookings. Hilton offers a 30 percent discount off the best available rate when you make a reservation three months in advance with a 30 percent deposit. There are seasonal specials, romance packages and by location specials available as well. Visit the Hilton website regularly to see which seasonal options are on special.
- Check coupon “warehouse” websites like Couponheaven.com, Retailmenot.com and Dealtaker.com, which offer available promotions by merchant. Search for Hilton and look through the posted offers. Couponheaven.com states that online Hilton coupons are rare, but they update the offers as often as possible. Retailmenot.com offers user success rates for the coupons or codes they post, even distinguishing between “reliable” and “unreliable” codes. The unreliable codes may have location-specific limitations or be time limited.
- Read the fine print on any online coupon to determine what potential blackout dates or extra fees could be tied into the discounts. Time limits are the most common boundaries on a promotional code. Some discounts require a certain number of days advance booking.